Thursday, August 27, 2009

Back to School

Oh! Summer is over and its back to school and this year Braxton went to "Big Boy School"!
He started kindergarten this year. I have never been more proud of him.
We are a "Bowen Bear"! Fits our cute and cuddley personality!

Bless this woman -- 16 five-and-six year olds!
Braxton was so excited to enter his new classroom and spend his first day with his new teacher. We were so excited too! We had quite and interesting experience with a not-so-qualified pre-k teacher last year. Our kindergarten teacher is already on top of it. She called me the first day afterschool to tell us how great Braxton's day was and made sure we had no concerns.
What kid wouldn't love sitting at his own chair with his own playdoh!
Its been a wonderful first week (minus the fact that school lunches now cost $3 a pop)! Braxton has had so much fun and has been very well behaved. He made me a puzzle the first day in art and makes sure he has a snack in his back pack ready every morning. He is probably the only kinder eating a full sandwich and a fruit cup as a snack! Brain Food.
Oh my big boy is growing up so FAST. Every day has been an adventure I wish I could rewind. Thank you Braxton for blessing my life in so many wonderful ways. You made me a mommy which has proven to be the best time of my life. I love you!
And not to forget the smallest burdick boy, Baeden is also going to a new school this year. He was so excited to find his cubby and hug his new teacher!



Every morning Baed gets to report to the playground. I wish that is how we all started our day with an hour on the playground. He is so excited about starting school. He is my little nerd. He loves being teacher's pet, answering all the questions, and most of it comes really easy to him. I know one day, this blessing will get him in some trouble. He will be that kid that finishes his assignment in 10 minutes and then spends the next 50 minutes being the class clown.
Gotta love him!
Baeden is such a character and he is my little superHERO! He has such a big heart and melts mine with every smile and set of CRAZY EYES! His laugh is infectious and he keeps me from getting too uptight at times. I love that little laugh and those crazy eyes, and the little boy they come from even more.

0 comments: